Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sayings

I just do not have to worry;  how about you?  
The Anthem veterans memorial in Arizona.    Once a year on Veterans Day the sun peeps through and lights up the emblem.  I'd like to visit this memorial.   A modern Stonehenge.

Aah!!!   Some days are just perfect.
The new Boeing 797 which will carry 1,000 passengers.   The blended wings and fuselage are new and different.   Wing is 265 feet;  new created air terminals, 555 seats, 262 feet wide . . . Date not decided as yet  so don't rush out to buy a ticket.
 

We are a little remiss in taking care of our earth, but it is never to late as we have time to stop and do a little fixing up of some of the damage we have done....it takes a village to raise a  child, so a saying goes;  it takes a city with lots of folks to even start making up for some of the damage we have done.   Get busy, one deed at a time starting in your own back yard..
 
Hump day, mid week, Wednesday, here once again ready or not.   What does one want to do mid week;   rush the days to the weekend, or just relax and enjoy the day as it trickles the seconds out.     Shopping comes to mind, there are a few things I would like to pick up today.    I put wrapping tape on my list several times now and still have not picked some up.   I want to start replacing some of the necessary items that are slowly meeting their end.   I don't think I can squeeze much more out of the tooth paste either.   One more item to add to my  list.    Yep, shopping it is, now all I have to do is convince my chauffeur that she needs to go shopping too.    It wont be easy as I treated the ladies to Chinese dinner last evening and the boxes were full as we left the restaurant.    The food was tasty but the service was extremely slow with only one waitress to wait on several filled tables.   I think there must have been only one chef on duty also as the dishes came out very slowly.  I had my order long before the girls got theirs.    It took forever to get the check and the boxes to fill.    I'd say the owner better pay attention and hire another waitress or two or folks will find somewhere else to go.   The one thing good about the restaurant is it faces the sound and the view is spectacular.    The mountains were shrouded with heavy cloud cover for some time; then cleared and it was a beautiful sight.    The small ferry came in from Bremerton  and unloaded passengers at the dock.   A few small pleasure craft were out sailing.    All in all it is a quiet time of day.  The day is ending and everyone seems ready to relax and enjoy being 'home'.  
 
I hope you decided to take yourself out to dinner and enjoy the company of family members or friends.     It does you good to get out of your 'rut';   such creatures of habit;   break loose and treat yourself to some time away from your kitchen.    Call a family member, or a friend or two, and join together for a little chatter and some good food.    Think how much fun it is to leave the table and all the mess behind.    Nothing lazy about us,  we just enjoy the freedom from kitchen duties now and then, and I for one, think it is good for the body and the soul.     Take your brag book along and share whatever tidbits that make your world go round.    A chance to listen and learn as well.    Don't forget a joke or two, and don't forget the punch line.   Be of good cheer and share YOU with those you love and like.    A smile, a hug, a kiss....um....wonder who I could talk into going out tonight?    I'll have to work on that.    Hugs to all..   
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment