Monday, November 9, 2015

Thoughts

Isn't it wonderful that nature is a creator and a painter and  a sculptor all rolled into one.

My Christmas list has been small for a long time.  There really is nothing that I want or need as far as 'things' go, but the desire to love and be loved never goes out of style.    

Now that is a pretty sad statement.    A little working together, remembering the love that brought you together and the desire to love one another makes for a good game.  No matter whose ace it is, there is a rule, no trumping your partner's ace.

We are a nation of laws, it keeps us sane.  How some can think they can do as they 'damn well please' and get away with it, find that the men in blue have a job to do and they do it very well.    You break the law and you pay the price.  The men in blue put their lives on the line ever day and should earn our respect.

One step at a time.    One second at a time.    You have work to do to make those seconds worthwhile.


A new week, comes around faster than a speeding bullet.    Time.....it flies when you are having fun and drags when your world is topsy turvey.  I spent some of my time at Costco yesterday with daughter Christine.  I got one of those big baskets on wheels and walked the aisles for exercise.    I got to peek and poke , admire and wonder as I went up and down each aisle.   I put a few things in the basket, walked around some and decided I really didn't want to spend that kind of money today and put the items back.    A lovely Alpaca sweater for $50.00...I could do without;  but, it was lovely; but not worth that much money.   Oh those depression  genes tell every time.    I did buy a few necessary items and like the idea of having enough on hand so I don't have to keep running out to the store.   The cracker and cookie aisles are always beckoning and I manage to find those long chocolate coated biscotti .  They come in handy for a tea party or even breakfast.  A good crunch anytime.    I met up with Christine several times and her basket was filled to overflowing.   Those two cats require a lot of 'stuff' and she prefers to get the big sizes and not worry about running out of kitty litter.    We finished up and rode over to Patricia's house with a few things for her.  She is having some down time with that awful vertigo which goes with the M.S. Not fun.   I had gotten some of the chicken salad so opened the boxes and fixed us a salad for lunch.   I didn't think to buy the mandarin oranges and black olives that goes with it, but it was tasty as is.   It was a nice outing and the ride over to Silverdale was easy as it was pouring rain and the traffic was light.   
 
I took the puzzle down and put it back in its box ready for someone else to put it together again.   It was huge and I did take a picture of it but haven't put it on the computer yet.   Only one piece missing which is a shame but it is the chance you take when you buy puzzles at the thrift store.   Folks should mark the box so you know what and where to look if you decide to do a puzzle with a piece or two missing.   A challenge really.    It proved to be a challenge and it was a relief to find the last piece and put it in.   I think I will give myself a puzzle rest for a little while, maybe after the holidays I'll put up another one.
Speaking of holidays, we are invited to Sheila's for her annual feast.  Everyone brings something and she has her list at the ready.  I'm to make a big vegie and dip plate for eight.  I can do that.    She asked me to bake pies but I would have to borrow a kitchen as I don't want to set the alarm off again.   Wish they would fix it so you could use the oven without worrying about setting off fire alarms. . . . they are so noisy.   So we have a dinner or two to look forward to this month, yep, that's what Thanksgiving is all about.    Hope you are getting ready and making plans to enjoy family and friends at your home.   If you do not have a family , adopt one,  If you don't have a friend then it is time you became one.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and spread a little love and cheer around today.   Bet you get an invitation to dinner.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment