Monday, November 23, 2015

Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you.....Happy
Birthday dear Erin,  Happy Birthday to you!!!  Granddaughters are such fun . . . Granddaughters give terrific bear hugs, and bring so much love and laughter into our lives.   

Fall has left us and winter is neigh but pictures remind us of one of the loveliest times of the year.   Each season brings something special , and each season is our favorite, nothing sets our hearts and minds to life, liberty and the pursuit  of happiness like a new season.   

Here kitty, here kitty . . . a breeze, a bouncing leaf and a happy cat.

Woof,  woof,    here I am.....a raked pile of beautiful leaves....Fall, a cooling off period before the winter snows.

The start of a new week and Granddaughter Erin is celebrating her birthday over in Hawaii.    From the picture she sent from her time at work, I'd say she had a plate full of something delicious.   Looks like pineapple and some healthy side dishes along with beautiful flowers Donaleo stopped in to give her.   She looks great. 
 
A quiet weekend here in Ridgemont, a bit on the chilly side to think about a walk out.    Most of us stayed in doors and found something to do.  I discovered a big box.  of books in the activity room , a jumble and a need to reorganize if you wanted to know the titles and put away a read or two for a later date.    I took the box of books apart and found several Clive Cussler paper backs I have not read .   there were a half dozen Westerns I would have liked to take but I cannot be greedy so left them for others to pick and choose.  There were hard backs as well but nothing of interest.   Probably good reads but I was not familiar with the authors.    I had just finished a Jan Karon one that was hard to stay with.    Not sure why stories that take you back in time and forward  to the present get bogged down with names and places that become confusing.   I like those stories where you have trouble with the  book ending much too soon.   
 
One of my neighbors brought back a pecan pie and  came over and invited me to share some of it.  She gave me half a pie and I don't even like pecan pie as it is much too sweet.   I was gracious and took it but told her I'd share it with others and I did.  I walked down the hall , pie in hand, looking for open doors and when I found one I knocked and dropped off a piece of pie.   Some real pecan pie lovers around here.    Made the day for some.   
 
I had a short reading time with Vinnie.   One of the ladies joined us and they got into a discussion about football.  I gather the Seahawks were playing, so, as football enthusiasts the conversation was to be endless and the book long forgotten.   When I put the book away, Vinnie was surprised, couldn't figure out how our reading time went by so fast.    You just can't have reading and conversation time when the seconds fly bye and never stand still.
 
So remember to use your seconds wisely.    Stay warm and dry and be careful as there are a lot of nasty colds going around.   Stock up on some chicken broth as it is the elixir for ending a cold.    Get some of the Fisherman cough drops that taste so bad but do such good.    Get out the hat, the scarf, the mittens and the boots and be prepared for a change in our weather.   Someone said we might get a dusting of snow today, so it is cold out there.    Stock up on your tea bags and don't forget to get an extra book or two to have around.    Curl up in your favorite chair and let the storms go by.    If you don't feel like reading, call in a friend or two and get the cards out.   Rummy Cube is fun.    Be good, be kind, be gently and do take time to do one good deed today;  it is good for you.     Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment