Sunday, November 22, 2015

Exercise

Finger exercise . . . Red or White . . . Brut or dry . . . sparkling as well . . . glass at the ready, let's go . . .one, two, three and save the corks as there are special items you can make from them.    I had a bird house once that was cute that the birds found interesting, must have been the aroma . . .

A handsome Marine....Jason Smith, Angie's youngest son.  I remember him as a very little boy playing with a bucket of logos on my living room rug.   It is hard to believe he has been in the Marines for three years already.   My how time gets away from us.   

What a beauty, like a special jewel.   A humming bird looking for some nectar.  Hope you have a feeder out. 

A Thomas Kincaid painting.  The painter of light.    I have two of his paintings done up by Paula who is a master at counted cross stitch.  Her work is like perfection in color.   She is going to make this one for me next.   It is amazing how much beauty they bring into a room.   I have them made up into pillows so they are close and personal..
 
Sunday morning, quiet, calm, and not even a street noise this  morning.    The folks here in Ridgemont must be sleeping in, still full from having all the left overs from our Friday night Thanksgiving feast.   They were just as tasty and I had a lovely piece of ham to go with my egg this morning.   Talk about getting well fed.   Home made food...ah, nothing like it.    Now if Karen and her family would give cooking lessons to a few of the 'cooks' around here we might stop complaining.
 
I left my door open, a sign that company is welcome and it worked great.   Sue came down and visited and I enjoyed learning a bit more about her and her likes and dislikes.    She is an avid Sea Hawk fan  and a real lover of all sports.   I put on the tea and got out some cookies and we had a gab feast.   Ron went by in his electric wheel chair and thought to drop in so I moved the little hall table so he could venture in;.    He is having such a bad time of it right now due to a tendon in his foot giving out while he was walking out of his doctor's office after a visit.    He didn't fall or trip, just put his foot down to take a step and he is now in a cast.  His doctor is not sure what is going on but is hoping by not having to use his foot, it will settle back in place.   Strange.    Ron is a diabetic so he is worried and having one hard time trying to get around.   We take our bodies for granted so when something does happen it is a wake up call to pay attention and take better care of ourselves.  The body takes time to break down normally, so as age catches up with us we need to remind ourselves to use it or lose it.  We need to keep moving, sitting or lying down is not the answer to a healthy body.    Proper nutrition is a prime requisite and exercise ...like walking.....is just as important.  Wisdom comes with age we are told but don't wait until you get old;  start working on you right now.    Stay healthy, happy, foolhardy and wise before those so called 'golden years' arrive.   You get out of life what you put into it, no more, no less....so be wise early and take good care of YOU.
 
I'm off to have a refill of my coffee.    I don't know which of the dozen or so catalogs I should look at first.    I have a new magazine full of ads;  you would think Christmas is coming.....come to think of it.....it is......not too far away and there is a list to look over.....I think my best bet is to overlook it all and practice how to be Ebenezer.     It will probably only work until we hear the first bars of a Christmas carol and then we are off and running.    Be wise, be healthy and hardy, be kind, be a friend today and pass out a bear hug or two.    Be YOU!! Hugs to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment