Sunday, November 1, 2015

Bragging

Like a warm blanket  tossed over the town, Halloween was celebrated in Port Orchard, Washington with laughter and smiling eyes from the tiniest one to the older folks who dressed up and made the town come alive on a rainy Halloween night.  
Witches were out and about.
Pirates hovered
Trick or Treat.  Oohs and Aahs, one for each hand and one for the mouth.

Treats were ready for a Princess or two, good guys, bad guys and scary ones too.

I am bragging this morning about a group of wonderful folks both the fantastic Sydney Gallery folks and the people of Port Orchard.    It was my first Halloween here in Port Orchard and my daughter Christine invited me to come and see the children all dressed up, pumpkins in hand and eyes that sparkled.   I was invited to help, not just watch, and that was such fun for me.   I helped man the table and make sure that the apple juice was at the ready and that the candy packets, cookies and donuts never ran out, and they didn't.   It was awesome to see the parents teaching their children to be polite and thankful for their treats.   They came in all sizes and in costumes to make your heart sing.  The little ones to the bigger children all had a big thank you for their treats and even took time to look around the gallery and see the work of the artists.   That big tall fellow, John, didn't waste a moment taking pictures so each one went home with a picture to enjoy of their memory of Halloween.   He took so many pictures and has promised to forward them on so I can put them on the blog and you can see, not all, but many, showing those that came out to have a very good time sharing and caring on a  rainy Halloween evening in Port Orchard.

There are not enough words to thank the group that puts this affair on every year.    The decorations are to be admired;  the food treats are plenty and the apple juice and coffee hit the spot.    They work tirelessly to make Port Orchard a wonderful town to live in.    They plot and plan and give of their time and smile while they do it.     
 
I forgot to turn my clock back so my getting up at four a.m. was actually three a.m.  ....oh, it is going to be a very long day.   Of course I have had my coffee, two cups to be exact, and now that I am awake, wide awake, how do I turn my body clock around and go back to sleep...I know it doesn't work, but then if I turn on the television and hunker down in my favorite chair miracles can happen.
 
Start your November off with a smile.    Light up those eyes and  activate that brain of yours and see what you can do with making someone you love and like happy today.   Maybe you can share some of that Halloween candy that was not all gone;  better share it or you will eat it all up and you may not like the results.    I am thinking of starting a Lenten fast much earlier than spring time and give up candy, and should throw  in all pastries after the Halloween binge.  Words, words,   can't do it as the holiday season is here...Thanksgiving...Christmas....goodies.....candy.....parties.....oh suffer, suffer......and plan a size larger when you shop this year.    Okay, moderation is the name of the game...now to convince myself of that.....Go, make your Sunday special by doing at least one good deed today.    Someone you know needs a loving hand, a smile, a hug , a little bit of YOU in their lives.    You know the drill, be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU.  Hugs to all.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment