Monday, November 16, 2015

News

A sad commentary.   

Part of the problem.

I think I'll buy a thermos.   It might come in handy with all the winter weather setting in.

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...la, la, la.......   I just got busy doing the lay out for a new puzzle and forgot I started my blog but didn't finish it.   Well, that will never do.   The rain has stopped for a minute or two but the weather folks are telling us to hunker down and get ready for a real storm.  I wonder what they thought the last week was all about.   Oh well, winter is here and we have to get used to the inclement weather, like it or not. . . I find I like it for the most part as it gives us a chance to slow down.   I'd like a fire place to sit in front of but beggars cannot be choosers.   They do have them in the apartment complex up the street but the price is about three times of what it is here.   Oh to be rich . . . next time!!
 
You get off easy today as I have to get ready to go up for lunch.   Eleven o'clock 'dinner' is not to my liking but that chooser statement goes a long way.    The food is always a surprise, some days it is really disgusting, some days not too bad, and some days a surprise and it taste pretty good.  The only thing is no matter what they serve the burps go right along with it.   Wonder why institution food is that way.   I miss cooking.   I miss my vegies cooked to perfection.  I miss baking cookies.   I miss a lot of things but I really have little to gripe about.
 
I had a couple of games of Rummy Cube with Rose and Aggie.    We are teaching Aggie the game and she really didn't like waiting for her turn... smile...she was really excited to be playing.   Rose can't make it to the dining room anymore.  She is getting very feeble.   I am hoping her daughter makes a trip here to see her soon.   It really is hard to be one hundred years old.   I wouldn't wish it on my best friend or my worst enemy.    So, put her on your prayer list .
 
Off I go, have yourself a special day, a good day, a beautiful day...don't forget one good deed;  start looking for a way to join a group sending boxes to our soldiers overseas.   Get in the mood....the holidays are all but here.    Like you need a reminder!!!
 
Be good, be kind, be gentle.  Share YOU with those you love and like.    Verbal hugs are necessary too . . .  hint, hint.....Hugs to all.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment