Tuesday, November 10, 2015

OOh Ooh!!

Winter is coming to Truckee up there in the Sierras. . .  First snow flakes.

Jennifer was out for a drive and slipped and slid a little but not hurt, than God,   Icy roads, snow, sleet, yep, winter is coming.

Birds of a father, flock together.  Looks like these are on the take off but to where?   I have no idea.

A truism.

Well a decided change this year, the red cups of no Christmas designs.   Are you sure you want to buy your latte there?
Has Star Bucks joined the politically correct crowd?    No Merry Christmas......um.....


I am amazed at how much dirt gets in between the keys of the computer.    Those silver strings happen to be my hair and at the rate it is falling, I will be bald before I reach a ripe old age.    Little tiny pieces of dust particles, so minute you can hardly find them, but they are there by the hundreds.  Where do they come from?   Tiny little dust mites making their way between the keys.   The rubber tipped tooth wand does a good job  but I am wearing it out so will look for a new one when I next shop.    It is amazing what you see when you wake up at three o'clock in the morning and fire up the computer.   You put on the clean spectacles and voila, dust mites.....  Silence . . . profound. . . not a creature is stirring, no car doors, no noise of any kind;  quiet time, musing time, a time to wake the brain up and blog away.   Now that is easier said than done some mornings.   I am not doing anything really exciting so there is little to talk about.    What can I tell you about that I haven't told you a hundred times already.    I am writing a new book but it is going to be awhile before it gets into print as I have much more work to do on it.    When you keep company with nonagenarians, you can't rush things along.  There is no such thing as 'rushing' it is a lost word in the vocabulary as well as an impossible feat for them.  Daily living in a senior apartment complex has a myriad of tales to tell as you listen to the 'tales' they tell and each one has a story all its own.    I find it was a different world, a hard one fraught with poverty and wars, estranged families, hard work and sacrifice.    The lost of a partner, well loved and missed after fifty or sixty years of marriage.   Children who have forgotten they exist or hovering playing parents to their parents.    Some of the good memories are there too, but, the aloneness creeps in and shadows fall.  A time of life no one prepares for;  time...you have plenty...or so it seems;  then one morning you wake up to find out time is illusive and has moved on at a much faster rate than you thought.    Yes, so many tales to tell and I am working on them.
 
Meanwhile, we wont discuss luncheon food as it only stays in the class of 'yuck', even the deserts fail.    I found some of Freddies  deli entrees are delicious and you can choose a salad or two to keep the body healthy.    If you haven't tried chicken curry, do , Freddy makes a great one.   Don't bother with the cranberry type salad though as it makes for heart burn.   I  love cranberries but not that particular one in salad form.    I'll wait and have my cranberry sauce with my Thanksgiving turkey.  There will be an in-house dinner here as Karen and her family are putting it on for all of us.   We are allowed two guests and that will make it fun.    Hopefully, you are making plans for a great Thanksgiving feast with those you love and like.
 
So today, find something wonderful to do.   Find reasons to sing, hum, hug, smile because you are alive and well and can.   Share YOU with those you love and like.     Be magnanimous!!  Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment