Thursday, November 5, 2015

Meow!

This cat must have thought he saw a mouse and moved a little to fast...poor thing, all hung up.

Ha, ha...that single mind gets its comeuppance now and then.   

Beauty rainbows and water falls. . . um . . . so beautiful, peaceful and misty.  reminds me of an abstract painting as there ae hidden faces in the mists.

Carson Valley from Kingsbury grade.   I would like to have a nickel for every time I rode down that grade and looked at this scene.    It is really awesome.    How I miss Nevada and its beauty and  some wonderful friends.   Son Michael is still in the valley and hopefully I will get one more trip up to see him before to long...well, it will be after the winter months as once the snow starts the roads are hard to travel on.   
 
Yesterday at Ridgemont it was quiet as we had a family group visit and they brought along their violins and played 'chamber music' which I have not heard in some time.   I am not familiar with the music as I lean towards the Big Band era and like that toe tapping music.  A lot of folks love chamber music and I have to admit the family did a great job.   We spoke with the mother and she said a family friend taught music and invited her to bring all of her children to her and she taught them all to play the violin.   There are two boys and six girls, siblings with a cousin or two thrown in.    They all seem quiet and dedicated and give of their time to the senior residences along the way.    Talk about good deeds!
 
I met one of the new ladies and she said her name is Peaches.  She is tiny, perky and the name fits.   She has smiling eyes and has decided she is going to like living here in Ridgemont.    She has an apartment on the first floor and was walking the second floor hallways trying to find her way up to the dining room which is on the third floor.  It is a little daunting around here when you first get here but after awhile you realize all the corridors are pretty much laid out the same way.    She told me she has dementia but it didn't seem so.  She seemed sharp as a tack.    She told me she keeps busy so I am not sure whether I will get to see much of her in the future.   We have some folks who live here but do not participate in lunch or  the activities.    The men folks seem to shy away from social affairs but that is normal for them...isn't it?   Put on a TV with sports and they would fight for front seats. . . some things never change.
 
So today, we find the week is slipping away fast, so start making plans for your upcoming weekend.    the catalogs are coming in daily and some I 've never seen or heard of before.    I cannot believe the prices of the merchandise and then the addition of shipping on most of them which is almost the price of the object your looking at.    I think about how bad the economy is, how many are not working, how poverty poor the middle class has become and wonder where these folks think people are going to get money to buy their merchandise.    I'm for holding out for a 'poor' Christmas and go back to the old depression days when a  home made gift said it loud and clear..."I love you" and the smallest gift made that true.  So give a little thought to what is right for you.    Today is a good starting point, practice walk in hugs, a light touch, a smile and a little of your time....one of the greatest gifts of all.    Hugs, hugs, hugs.....and Hugs to you.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment