Friday, November 6, 2015

Sayings

A truism.


another truism

Strange , not sure if this is a tree leaves ghost or what.....lost the caption so put your thoughts to work.

Ha,. ha, and they never get to old to stare....is this wishful thinking?   ha, ha,  I hope so.   Life is much to short to lose all memories of the good old days.    The men here at Ridgemont are outnumbered so they smile and run like hell....walkers help them put a little speed in their escape. 

We had dinner out at the Lighthouse last evening.   The girls are so good to me, I like to treat them come pay day.   I ordered the ribs and the girls ordered the hamburger with salad , one of their favorite dishes.   The chef knows his stuff and the presentation is as important as the food to him.   He gives you enough food for at least two on your plate and adds a bit of colorful tidbits on the side.    Delicious and Pat had to renege on the Merlot as she has had a week of high doses of medication to try and stop the exacerbations of the M.S.  I decided to have some Merlot and it was very good but I had not had much food so it let me know I am not as young as I think I am.   I sipped and enjoyed, ate my delicious ribs and the twice baked potato, finished my wine and stood up ....dizzy....me...dizzy...well I've been called that once or twice in my life but not because of a sip of wine.   Scared us all , but I seemed fine once I got moving , so I gather my wine days are over and my whine days are coming up.  

Vinnie and I had a good read , up to chapter forty-six and making headway.   He came by later with two tangerines and visit.  He brought back my stamps so I am thinking the tangerines were payment for the ones he used.    Quite a character.  He was suppose to use the whole page of stamps and then buy me a new sheet when he went to the Post Office.   Maybe he thought he was being short changed as a couple were missing.   Who knows!!!   Wasn't there a program on the TV or radio years ago with that title..."People Are Funny."  or something like that.   Art Linkletter comes to mind.
 
Meanwhile Friday has crept up on us and the weekend is ahead.    Christine had a successful trip to San Francisco and caught up with some of the new folks who have been added to the office down there.    Her next trip is to Texas to meet the new owners of the business and some of the people she deals with on the telephone.    She found a small  hotel to stay in and said her room was very nice.  There was morning coffee;   afternoon tea for the guests and milk and cookies before turning in.  What a way to treat guests.    It was interesting  to hear about the working world folks and it sounds like not much has changed in the inter action of folks.    Office politics is never fun....guess it wasn't meant to be.   
 
So today treat yourself to some barbeque ribs and be sure to get a finger bowl and lots of napkins.    Take a family member along , or a friend or two and have some fun.    Don't drink on an empty stomach, it is dangerous....water and coffee are healthier.   Have a decadent desert instead.  Be good, be kind, be gentle, share your talents today as you have many of them.   Be the 'hugger' of the town and add to your reputation of being one of the 'good guys'.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment