Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Few Bits

Yep, Thanksgiving is coming up real soon.   

The earth from space.   Doesn't look much bigger than a marble does it?   

And then the collection agency takes over.  

A pig face turtle...now that is one little cutie.  

This picture makes me lonesome for Lone Ranch beach in Brookings;  miss my walks there.   It doesn't have this large formation but a few similar formations without the greenery.    Nature created a little art work here as I see an elephant , a seal, a horse's head, the number seven made of little rocks.  If this rock formation was blown up we would see a lot more. Nature is like a mirror sometimes. 
 
Yesterday proved to be an interesting day as I made good my appointment with the new eye doctor.   A woman, probably early fifties, blonde, bright and no nonsense.    She got right to work with those eye drops and started peeking around.   I have eyelashes that bend in instead of out so she plucked two from the eye ball saying they were scratching my eye.  Beats me, I didn't even feel them.   She told me a lot about dry eye and where it comes from  and why which was new and a blessing.  she is going to do a small procedure later this month to open the little tiny pin points where tears come out from the eye.   Learned something new and although she cannot promise to end the dry eye, she is at least willing to try to help control it.  She left me in good hands with her assistant,  a lovely young lady who seems to know her way around all the instruments to test your vision.    Between the drops and the watery eyes I couldn't read the charts so will go back after the procedure and re do the testing for new glasses.    They even took time to do a temporary fix on my glasses that I sat on....well, I didn't mean to.   I cannot close them up or they will break again but , as is, they are working great.  So, maybe  Vinnie and I will finish the book yet.
 
While out and about I stopped in the quickie hair cut place and finally got a hair trim.    There were four bays and all the ladies very busy cutting hair.   It was interesting to sit and watch them at work.   One beautician was cutting a gentleman's hair and trying to even the back which seemed to give her a problem.   She had to have taken a half hour on just him, maybe they don't get much pay for doing a lot of heads and she decided to take her time.   His neck line was crooked anyway, so I hoped I would not get her.   I didn't, got a nice young lady who clipped away and I am  one step away from being bald....short and sassy is the word...feels good, have no idea how it looks I am afraid to look in a mirror.  I found my way to my easy chair, grabbed my book and started to read and laughed out loud as the author tells a tale of "A Walk In the Woods."   Bill Brys is the author and I believe the book came out around 1998.  It was also a movie with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, which I did not see.  I hope I can find it as it must have been a winner.   The author has a way with words as he takes you along on a hike that must have been a truism for many a hiker who could not keep away from the Appalachian trail.  If you have not read it, be sure to try and find it. 
 
The first snows are dusting the mountain tops so get ready for winter as it is on its way.    Get the coats and jackets out of moth balls and give them a good airing.    Check on boots and while you are at it make sure you have your snow shovels at the ready.   Winter months can be busy months and also beautiful months as Mother Nature gives us a blizzard or two.   I have no idea what to look for here in the northwest but I am about to find out.   I don't have to shovel as they have plenty of yard persons around here.   So check your inventory and be prepared for a change in the weather .   Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU and spread a little sunshine wherever you go today.   Be a 'hugger'....Hugs to all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment