Monday, November 2, 2015

Grand

Attachments are interesting and fun and this one was all about a dog who befriended all the household pets.  There were pictures and a story about how well they all got along.  I am thinking that old adage about 'birds of a feather, stick together' may be just a tall tale.   More like 'differences makes the heart grow fonder";  maybe we should try it.



The above canyon pictures were taken by Bob and Andrea when they took the hike down the trail to the bottom.   I never did get to take that trip but thought about it.   From what they wrote, I am glad they went and I didn't.  I'd still be down there at the bottom.   They had a wonderful time and enjoyed every step of the way down and back up again.  Now I can say  I got to see what the bottom of the Grand Canyon looks like and I have to say I wish I had taken the trip to see all the formations of rock and the beauty of the geology of the Grand Canyon.....a wondrous sight to see.
 
Here at Ridgemont some of the folks forgot to turn their clocks back and went up to dine only to be sent back down  to their apartments to wait patiently for the door to open for lunch.   I think the consensus of opinion is to do away with day light savings time and quit fooling around with ones lunch time.
 
It was officially Rose's birthday so I went down early to visit and take her some of the left over marsh-mellow salad I had from the pot luck dinner and sing her Happy Birthday.   She was all dolled up, looking good and was ready for a new day.   She had more flowers, really beautiful real flowers that made her apartment come alive.   She had her cards on a tray and spends time going over them wishing she could put a face to some of the names.    She is moving slower each day but the sparkle is in her eyes and she is still smiling over all the attention.   I went back later in the evening and played a couple of games of rummy cube with her and she won both games.    I got a hug and a kiss , a wonderful reward from a one hundred year old lady.  
 
Meanwhile our next runner-up at ninety eight , Doris, was not feeling good as she had stood on her feet making goodies for the pot luck..   She had made delicious muffins, I had one for breakfast, and dozens of rolls and gave me a bag full of left overs.   I just had one with m my coffee and it was delicious.  I may go for a second.    She had her flu shot and thinks that is what ailed her.  She never would admit that all that baking had anything to do with her feeling tired.    It is her chosen outlet when she is bored and she has many on her list to share her talent with and tells me it keeps her young.    Young in heart and spirit and she comes up a winner.
 
Halloween is over and the walk along the hallways was fun as the apartment doors were decorated and bowls of candy were out for all to enjoy.    Our manager, Karen, is planning on making us a special Thanksgiving dinner and we can invite two guests.  Her entire family is participating in the work end of things.   It will be fun and I know for most it will be the 'family' dinner and we are all looking forward to it. 
 
So today, think about what you can do to bring friends and family together to share the holiday meal..it is going to be here sooner than you think.   Time has a way of slipping away especially if we are not thinking about it.    If you plan ahead it is not big deal;  don't plan and you have 'drudgery' to look forward to.     You are much to smart for that!!   Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . share a bear hug or two and don't forget a good deed or two.    Just make someone smile.   Hugs to all. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment