Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ready or Not

Two believers.   Santa with Queso and Mac, Angie's little angels told Santa exactly what they wanted ...how cute ....personality plus.  

After a shopping day.

Even after a Black Friday

How cute.    A great idea for a gift for a little princess . . .

Good morning.    If you were brave or crazy enough to venture out for Black Friday sales , I hope you survived.    We are having our special shopping day today with a free breakfast up town; that should get a lot of folks up and out bright and early.  I have to get dressed and ready to be picked up ...pancakes, sausage, hot coffee and I don't have to cook it....if you were here you could come along with us. 

I braved the fire alarm yesterday and fired up my little toaster oven and made myself a tiny meatloaf, had drop in company and shared and It was very tasty.    I'll have to think up some fancy dishes for myself and be a little more creative.   I'm thinking of buying a crock pot, bet I could get some good tasty morsels cooked in one.   I just don't trust leaving things to cook while I'm out and about.    I'll just have to plan a dish to cook up when I am staying in, and with winter weather coming up, I should be able to plan a dish or two.   Ribs appeal to me.     Let's face it, food appeals to me.   I am still waiting for the day when I have a delicate appetite...not in this life time.....that hot fudge sundae Christine brought over last evening hit the spot.  I would have shared if you had come by.
 
 
Sue came by to say hello and bring me a grapefruit.  She said she cannot eat them any more due to the medication she takes.   I wonder why grapefruit and meds don't mix.   They are so healthy and good for the body.    She stayed and shared my epicurean delights and Christine came by for a visit.    Sue is an old time Port Orchard native  so they had a lot to talk about.   I learned a lot about some of the changes that have taken place here in Port Orchard and the folks who work so hard to keep it alive.  
 
Well we are going to keep it alive this morning and I have to love you and leave you to get dressed and ready for my pick up ride to the breakfast.   It will give me something to tell you about tomorrow.     Meanwhile fix yourself a pancake or two;  look around and see who is putting on a free feast, someone in your area might have thought it up and would be happy to see your smiling face.     Don't forget to make your shopping list and start in for November is ending and December is just about at your door.    Make it easy on yourself and find a surprise or two for those you like and love.     Don't forget wrapping paper and tape and ribbon and little surprises.    We will be counting down the days for that wonderful special holiday we all love ...the birth of Christ. . . so keep Christ in Christmas and enjoy  those strong and wonderful traditions we grew up with.   Days when we got a pair of socks and thought it was special;  a tiny box of candy from school and we were in hog heaven. . . it doesn't take a lot to please us. . . remember that when you think you have to buy the most expensive gift in town....what is needed and wanted is that bear hug, the twinkle in your eye when you see a love one coming in the door;   sharing those homemade cookies and that hot cup of cocoa with marsh mellows floating on top.  It doesn't take much to please us when love is in the air.     Be a lover. . . hugs someone today.   Hugs to all.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment