Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Picture Blog

Happy Birthday ...240th....WOW!!    Four Sullivan men were Marines, Three in the Corps and one in the Merchant Marines.  All survived World War II , now they are gone on to bigger and better things leaving a proud heritage behind.  How much they are missed and how much they were loved.

Been awhile since I've seen this face.   A song writer, a guitarist, one of  son Michaels buddies.   A bit older than when I used to have spaghetti feeds for the group.  Some good memories of the 'hippy' fellows, and especially of Scoot who wrote hundreds of words to songs.   I walked into a restaurant with my son and one of his friends who were all done up in their leather jackets and their chains....the waitresses were a little apprehensive thinking maybe these two had captured me and were getting a free breakfast on me.   The kept a good eye on me but soon learned they were gentle souls. 

 A friend of over fifty years with one of his sons.    Charles looks pretty good and is surviving an unexpected operation.   He is older than me...smile.....by a year or so, but I'm catching up.    Brian, the son, is now a grandfather and puts loads of pictures of his new granddaughter on Facebook.   She's a cutie and grandpa and great grandpa are very proud of her.

Amy and Mason.....my grandson and his wife.   I would sure like to see them.   I follow them on Facebook.   It is so good to see a picture of the two of them.   

With winter coming, lots of snow, wonder how the curve will work on a big snow pile.   Looks a bit crooked to me.

"Hey ma, she's touching me"!!!

                                                                  I guess we will keep her, she's my baby sister. 
 Grandmother Judy sent a lot of pictures of her grandson Joseph and his new sister Natalia.   There is nothing like little ones to brighten a household and create a lot of love and laughter.   

 

First snow in Arizona.  Bob and Andrea wont be using their bocci court today.   I want to try that game, don't you?

Here is an idea if you have a hen house and collect those fresh eggs.   I was trying to think of other uses for such an apron but for the life of me I cannot think of anything.    Maybe you can.
 
I hope you enjoyed a picture blog for a change.    It is very quiet around Ridgemont on a rainy day, bet most folks are hunkered down with a good book or having a snooze.    I went shopping for new short curtains  , not bad, sort of finishes off a room.    Go, find something to do on a rainy day and be joyous, nice word, practice that and make those you love and like happy.   Oh, and generous is a nice word.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment