Friday, December 19, 2014

Winter

A delightful picture, someone with a good eye and a love of nature.   A good spot to spend some of those seconds  with family and friends.  Peace and quiet, maybe a sleigh ride . . . winter does have its compensations.

I know you have heard those words.  I bet you even spoke them on occasion.

Serenity . . . Peace . . . Harmony.   Bob and Andrea and their daughter Wendy went for a hike along this river.  Andrea is great about sending off pictures for my blog.   Not a ripple in the stream.   Winter in Arizona.  

Here they are, Bob, Andrea and Wendy.   Beautiful people inside and out., 

I thought you would like this one.   It could be called 'patience' as it must have taken a long while to perfect it.   A great way to wish you well.
Can you believe it is Friday already.   The seconds are flying bye and over half of December has gone by the wayside.  Daughter Pat and I stopped off at Fred Meyers yesterday to do our Christmas good deed.  Pat had a name from a Christmas tree, a young fellow who wanted a basketball and she chose a great one.  She was amazed at the amount of name tags on the tree this  year and the requests were for cell phones and special boards that cost an arm and a leg.  The youngsters have a lot to learn about priorities.   I usually  head for the book department and find all kinds of children's books with crayons and stickers with fun things to do.   The ladies were busy marking them down so I got to buy a few extra this year.   The box was empty.   I hope it gets filled up today.  Do a good deed and buy a gift or two and help fill those boxes.

I made my spaghetti sauce yesterday and filled a big jar for our friends who are having such a bad time of it.   They did receive a little extra help yesterday so maybe the tide will turn and both will be back to feeling a lot better.   Accidents are never fun, always unexpected, always painful and it only takes a second to change your life.  Think, 'there but by the grace of God, go I', and you will know what to do.

Your weekend starts and I am sure you have much to do.   Go be Mr. and Mrs. Bountiful and share YOU with those you love.  I had fun yesterday playing 'greeter' as I waited for my ride home and it was cold and breezy standing in front of Freddy's store.   I discovered smiling eyes gets even the grumpiest looking person to react and nod or smile.  Everyone needs a smile.   Experiment today and smile at strangers and watch their reaction . The worst that can happen is they think you are a nut case and hurry bye.   The best thing that can happen is they respond in kind and smile and wish you a Merry Christmas.    Be brave, be strong and be a 'nut' once in awhile.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment