Thursday, December 18, 2014

Exceptional

Swans, a master piece in flowers.   Oh to have such talent to grow beautiful flowers and make them into such wondrous sights.

aren't they something?    Makes me feel good just looking at them.

How serious can you get?

A butterfly in all its glory.

and this is what chalk looks like under a microscope.   Hidden beauty.

The flower attachment was really awesome.    The flowers are beautiful in their own right , but when you have gardeners who create such awesome designs, you want to invite them over to your garden and set them free.    Speaking of gardeners, well I am thinking about them , I know I've spoken and written about them in earlier blogs , I have had four wonderful men in my life who were true men of the earth.   Why I didn't pay close attention and learn how to garden is beyond me.   Pa who turned a small city lot into a haven of  beauty and help through the Depression years.   Hobey turned three lots into  a treasure trove of every imaginable vegetable you could want;  even Hubbard squash as big as a watermelon which now sells in  the stores for over two dollars a pound.   Clarence who  grew California style trees and fruits that were so different and tasty.  and now Jock who has a real blueberry tree and  small garden patch that has a little bit of everything to keep you healthy and hardy;  blueberries to die for and Swiss chard that is so delicious.    It takes talent , dedication and a true love of gardening . . . and a lot of very hard work.  It is not for sissies.  I always wondered how they made it look so easy.
I even tried gardening in my day, but the first tomato bug looked so big and ugly I shied away.  I just don't like creepy crawlers of any kind , and if the truth be known, I am a bit lazy when it comes to all that hard work.

The days are flying by and there is much to do as Christmas is almost here.    Our rain continues and the gray days are good for baking and catching up with some of the chores we let go when we want to be out and about.    It is a lot of hard work to clean out the drawers in the kitchen and bathrooms, but it has to be done.   I am always amazed at how crumbs find their way into  what I think is closed drawers.   Osmosis, I guess.    It is a job that doesn't show so when you look around after all that work, it is like you had a lazy day.  It is a good way to down size.   I wonder why the drawers are always so crowded. . . well it is because we keep adding new gadgets to help peel a potato when a small paring knife is all that is needed.   Six wine stoppers for one bottle of wine. . . cookie cutters you no longer use or need. . . things that take up room although there are some things you just can't live without .   So if you come visit , I'll show you my clean drawers;  I know you can't wait to see them.

Go, have some fun today.  do something you have been thinking about and haven't quite made up your mind whether  you should take the time off or not.....GO!!!  It will do you good.   Don't forget you have to help make Christmas bright for some that have little or nothing.  Get out there and show some spirit  . . . the kind that makes the world a better place. . . be good, be kind and gentle and share a hug and a smile.   Hugs to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment