Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Strange

Strange and beautiful.   I'd like a new blouse in those colors to go with brown pants.  Wonder what it is called.  The face of an owl, mean eyes , a dour expression, um . . . hope it doesn't fly this way.

Graceful and shades of a ballerina.  Wonder if it is eatable.

This little guy is ice fishing and doing quite a job of it.

This one is leaving a very intricate trail behind.

Is that a threat?  or is someone smitten?  
Don't  you love attachments with such beauty and strangeness.    It makes the mind come alive to see something new and different.    How lucky we are to have photographers in our lives to bring to life all the hidden beauty of the strange and wondrous birds and animals.  Speaking of photographers, granddaughter Erin did such a great job taking the pictures of a friend's wedding, the bride had special photos made into coasters for family and friends.  Great idea and a keepsake they will treasure.   

As you probably hear December First was the starting date for the crab season so in talking over a Christmas dinner menu  Pat and I decided that crab would be welcome at our table.    So easy, so luscious, and a lot of work to dig out all that delicious meat from the shells.   A nice salad, some crusty bread, a glass of Merlot  . . . We are at the ready !!  Erin is allergic to shell fish but we can find some fresh salmon to grill for her.   We haven't figured out a desert yet but I'm sure we can think of something.

Last but not least today, my books came from the publisher yesterday and they did a great job.   Check out Amazon for  "Valley Haven" and buy a copy if you have a reader or two on your list.    It is just a family tale of some folks you might enjoy spending an hour or two with, for once there was a place where I loved to go and was chosen to be part of the family.   So there is always a little fact in my faction and it is always fun to let my imagination run away with itself.    Remember it was a first novel that lay dormant for  years, almost edited out of  existence, but finally it found  time and place and here it is warts and all.    Enjoy!

I'm off to buy some envelopes.   Have some mailing to do.    

Be good and kind when you critique, remember how delicate I am. . . smile.

Be good to yourself today, it is something  you should do every day .    Stay even tempered, don't let anything get you all hot and bothered.  Stay cool, calm and collected as you get ready to celebrate Christmas.   I must have given up my tree at the last yard sale as I couldn't find it in the garage.  I couldn't find a box of special keepsakes either so I must have been in a magnanimous mood and lightened my load way beyond my own expectations.    I am decorated, have a lovely angel and creche set out;   old wood smokers I have had for years,  special candles I have never put a match to  and a glass tray with tiny wooden  creatures that look like they are in Macy's parade.   I'm almost ready , how about you?   Next it will be baking time, so get ready and make your plans and make it fun along the way.    Don't forget the good deed.  Today is a great day for good deeds.    Go . . . be that wonderful YOU.   Hugs to all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment