Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ssh!

Granddaughter Erin sent this picture along.   She signed "The Grinch who Stole Christmas" and they loved it.  She  enjoyed seeing their reaction.  What beautiful children.    They certainly know how to pay attention.  Love the expressions.

And if you leave your car out in the open in a snow storm this could happen  with a tiny bit of help.

I think the caption should be, " Hey, little guy, where do you think you are going?"  


This is great.   Jock are you paying attention?  Smile!!

I hope that each of you are having better luck getting your Christmas gifts to your family members without a hitch.  I am having a hard time of it this year.    I didn't think anything would be different, you get a catalog, or ten or so, go through them to find an unusual and useful gift for someone,  place the order, enclose the check and send it off in time and wait for the results.    One order was cancelled because I had an error on my check . . . my bad, but the company clerk  could have sent it back and I would have replaced it, but no, they said they were out of  stock and the bank refused my check and on and on.  Such foolishness so I got the order and check back and tore it all up and sent a new order to another company making sure my check was perfect only to be told that I needed to send in a copy of my bank account number, my driver's licence and a dozen more  sources of  information . . . tore that order and check up too.  Called my son and told him I'd send him a check and he could shop for himself.   I guess if  you do not have a credit card your checks are under suspicion.  Then yesterday daughter Pat went out to the back  yard and found a big box that had been delivered, no note, not a thing to lead me to the back  yard for a deliver y.   She brought the box in and it was the gift I ordered for John and Jo and should have gone to Delaware . . . and here it sits.   Have you tried calling a company about a problem?   Don't bother their lines are full and  you cannot get to them.   I sent an e mail but doubt they will get to that either.    I sent  John an e mail and told him I'll hold his gifts until he and Jo come this spring.   What is going on out there.  They had my name wrong, the telephone number wrong and completely ignored the address the package was to be sent to.    So suspicion  casts its spell on this ninety year old;  have I lost my touch?;  am I  unable to be trusted with a pen in hand . . . I don't think so . . . but there sure is a lot of incompetence out there.  Some of the orders went through so not all is lost , but it sure has played havoc with my Christmas spirit.

I hope you have better luck and all the gifts get where they are suppose to go.    Better check things out and make sure.   As for me I am going to wish you LUCK!!   I did have a nice surprise  yesterday when one of my friends, Marcia,  (I have two ladies the same name) came and invited me out for a bowl of clam chowder.   It was served in a bread bowl and hot and delicious.  Much too much bread though so had to leave some of the bowl behind.    What a treat along with a nice visit.   We met some folks she knew and got hugs so it doesn't get much better than that.    Later Pat and I visited some friends who are house bound this year.   Accidents wait patiently to happen so pay attention and be careful.   Take good care of you today;  don't forget your good deed, smile with your heart in it and  remember hugs are good for the soul.    Coffee, I smell coffee . . . I'm off . . . well you know that. . . just be good, be kind and be  YOU.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment