Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Greetings

Barbara and Dick Edminson dressed up in their best caps and send merry wishes to all.  What a cute card and it showed them cavorting about having a wonderful time.   Leave it to Barbara to find something bright and beautiful to share with her family and friends.   

Haven't heard from friend Jane in some e time but her she is with her latest creation along with a nice long greeting on e-mail.  It is so good to catch up with those we miss all  year.   

Here is Joseph, Judy's grandson  and I get to play great grandma. . . what a cutie.   John and Allison look pretty special and they are all excited about a new baby girl on the way.

The little alien, the last of the orchids.   Now you have to admit he has possibilities.   Reminds me of a duck with those web feet.   Maybe that is a candle it is holding. . . reminds me to light a few for those who are not here to celebrate Christmas with us.  

Yesterday was a fun day as I got to watch the first of the Hobbit movies.  It is amazing what the movie makers can do.  Erin and Pat made up a batch of gingerbread ladies and used a new tube like package for frosting them.   I couldn't make it work as it  took a strong steady hand, but I had fun trying to make eyes with a toothpick.   Erin had the young hands and did a great job finishing them up.   I took time out to go over and check on Darlene and Peat.   Darlene was asleep so I didn't awaken her and spent time with Peat talking about his young days when he grew up as a farm boy.   He had lots of tales to tell and they should be written up for his grandchildren and great -grands.    This man was an engineer and spent time helping to build the space engines;  my what a yarn he spins.  I told him to get a small recorder and I'd type up his notes.  Darlene is coming along very slowly but is healing and that is good news.

So today, visit the sick, take  goodies along with you.  LaVerne brought me over two fruit cakes for Christmas and she makes a wonderful brandy soaked one.    I even supplied some left over brandy this year.    If you are in my neighborhood, stop in, I'll cut you a slice or two.   What?  You don't like fruit cake . . . well, why not?  It really is tasty .   I know, I know, to each his own.   

I hope you have caught up with yourself and are all ready  for Christmas morning.    I hope  those of  you who live in snow country, have a beautiful snowy Christmas.  We have rain, Oregon snow, although the higher levels may have gotten a flurry or two.   Our days have been dark and dreary but they have also been inside days which  has given us plenty of seconds to finish all our Christmas chores.   I hope you are all caught up.    I'm off to have my coffee and wake up . . . five a.m. and my blog is finished. . . wow. . . a quiet time of day.   Be of good cheer,  smile because you can, cry if you have to but get it all out and done with so you can have a very Merry Christmas with family and friends you love.    Remember to be kind, considerate and helpful along with a big smile, a hug or two and  make a few new memories.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment