Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Words

Words can get us into a lot of trouble.  Too bad we don't learn when it is best to just shut up.  

One of the loveliest tributes.   How very beautiful.

We know prayer can bring about many good things, so maybe a little knee bending wouldn't be all bad.   We are about to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th;  let us keep Christ in Christmas and see if we can turn the world around;  sure can't do it all by ourselves.  Some one once said "Faith can move mountains" . . . so let's move a mountain or two and send up a barrage of prayer;  we know it can't hurt.


And the rains poured buckets and the traffic was heavy but we three found our way to Moon Doggies for Taco Tuesday.  We had not been for awhile so it was a treat.   The tacos are two for two dollars and they were delicious.   It was well worth the drive in the rain.   That song from way back that has something to do with  'baby its cold outside' was on my mind.  A cold rain can get you moving and someone calls it dancing in the rain, believe me we three danced pretty fast to the restaurant.

Pat told us about her mini vacation  which she thoroughly enjoyed , but Christine topped it with her 'day' that sounded more like a day from hell as her work computer hit the dust;  her latte hit the floor;  the mop was unworkable and her day became a prize pain in the you know what, so you know she was ready for some dinner out.  We all have days like that , sure glad they don't come about often.    As for me, I had a slow day, a tea visitor which was nice and a bit of a gab feast.   Here at Ridgemont it was quiet and the rain never let up so everyone found quiet things to do.   My new Christmas dish I bought and filled with homemade peanut brittle looks great.   I have one little glass angle and stuck a couple of little glass ornaments in my pinecone dish.  I'm decorated!!!
 
So it is your turn.  decorate to your hearts delight.    I must have left my Christmas ornament box back in Brookings as there is no sign of it here.   I will miss my angel but it gives me something to look for when I go out shopping this week.    My angel was first up and last down every year.   She was beautiful and such a welcoming sight.   I had a crèche made from the olive tree and another with large figures that was very beautiful.    I am hoping if I gave that box away in my downsizing that someone makes good use of all the lovely ornaments and says a prayer of thanksgiving for such beauty in our Christmas world.   
 
So start practicing how to share.   Start giving some of those bear hugs out, slowly and surely.    Be of good cheer, don't let the call to the wild be number one on your list;  shop like you are poor and have more fun using your brain and go by  your heart.    Share YOU with those you love and like and know that is the best gift of all.   Hugs to all.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment