Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Good Morning

Ah the Grinch knows some folks just do not brighten up for Christmas, how much they miss, a season of sharing and caring,  One can never get too much of that....
and that says a lot.   Look what we have now.   

I gather times have not changed much as the winter weather brings on slides after slides on the mountain passes.  We used to dread the ride over to Medford, Oregon as one never knew when a slide would and could occur.    Caught between a mountain and a river is scary and dangerous.    My hat is off to the road folks.  They sure do a great job of keeping the passes open in the dread of winter months.    The roads have been improved a lot since this picture was taken.   But, slides do occur and one has to keep an eye on the weather before adventuring out.

I probably  put this picture on recently but it has such a lovely feeling to it.    I love the quiet, the peace, the early morning break in the weather...peace....harmony....silence....it does the soul good.  Or you can let your imagination wander and wonder at the end of a day, serene, peaceful and thinking of wending your way home to a fire in the fireplace, a hot toddy and your feet up.   contentment at its best.  Let your imagination take you to your spot of contentment.

 
Christine loves to come up with new and different libations to sooth the aching heart, the wandering soul, the lonely and those ready for a good stiff drink....a different kind of martini...sweet....and maybe not as lethal as the old seven shots of the very dry martini with its bright green olive and its red center;  a harbinger of feelings that soar and sometimes lead one astray if they are not careful.    So if you are out and about choose your drinks wisely.    Remember to have fun at the Christmas parties and find a reliable sober driver to get you home safe and sound.   
The rains stayed, a lot of folks didn't go down town for the free wrapping of their purchases in town.   A few did and were delighted with the results as the 'court' young ladies, did a great job.    These high school young ladies are a boon to the town.  They are always ready, willing and able to participate in the town's events.  They not only are lovely to look at, but they smile and offer to help whenever and wherever the need is.    I'd say Port Orchard is lucky to have such upcoming bright and beautiful young ladies.

You are right, I did put another one thousand piece puzzle on the puzzle board...and I found out it is part of the reason my eyes make a glance to tiny sparkling lights.   I guess my puzzle days are about over.  I'll miss them but into each life some rain must fall...isn't that an old adage from way back?  I think so.   We are told 'all good things must come to an end' and so when age creeps up on us, a lot of special things end . . . ;but some new and different things take light.  I haven't found them all out yet but I'm working on it. 

Vinnie, Sue and Don and I finished "The Winds of War" and are now on the hunt for the sequel.   Christine knows where to get a copy and is busy ordering it and hopefully Vinnie will have a Christmas present he does not expect.    I think Sue and Don will come more often to listen to the story as it unfolds and take turns reading.    It has been slow to catch on, but it is catching on and hopefully we will grow and the folks will have a reading time and enjoy many more good books;  there sure are a lot of them out there.   Some of the folks are a little shy about owning up to having poor eye sight.   A shame as it isn't something they can control and it is not a sin not to be able to read or to be read to; it is a chance to listen in and enjoy a good to great story.  

So, if all goes well today I will get out for one more shopping spree.  I have a few small items on my list and fun ones to shop for.   Either Christine or Patricia will come by later in the day and take me to the nearest drug store.  We have a Walgreen store not to far away and they are well stocked with the items I am interested in.    I want one stop at the Catholic church here in Port Orchard and hope they have the candles to light for those who have gone before us.    My list has grown so I should be able to brighten the hall way.    I am up to an even dozen now and you are all included in my prayers for good health and happiness in your lives.     Take one day as it comes, do your best to be the best you can be, share YOU with those you love and like and adopt someone who has no one and pass the baton of good to make your corner of the world a healthy and happy place.    YOU can do it.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment