Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday News.

a herd of Elk run in the snow.   You would run too if you were out there in the cold.  

A beautiful picture ...a Full moon  Christmas Night.    How lovely our world looks when the moon shines bright.
Erin and friend enjoying a hike in the heat of lovely Hula sands . . .

It seems there are ghosts ;  we just don't take time out to look for them.  someone took a picture and this is the results.   It certainly looks  like and angel to me.     Makes you think doesn't it?
 
 
Sunday morning, hard to think of it as Sunday but holidays do that to us.   If they come in on a week day then we are confused for the rest of the week.   It is cold here this morning as the heater is on.  It is nice and cozy in here.   I am almost awake, coffee cup at the elbow and the remnants of a good old fashioned fried egg sandwich.  So much of my promise to make myself some blueberry pancakes. What are you doing there when you could be here. . .um. . . probably making some special ones of your very own.  Well bon appetite!!

From what I heard yesterday at the dinner hour was good words about the folks having a great Christmas with family and or friends.    Several were sporting new tops and told tales of their Christmas day.   Vinnie was a no show and that was a third day.   I was beginning to think something was wrong but Gina told me she had checked on him in the morning and he was fine.    Maybe Christmas is hard for him.  I had her slide an envelope under his door which contained a gift certificate to his favorite ice cream stop and a big chocolate bar as Vinnie has a sweet tooth.   Later, a knock on my door and there he stood with a piece of fruit cake for me and a used shopping bag.  He really is quite a character.  He wouldn't stay but did say  he was having back problems and just didn't feel like being out and about.    So the lost is found and maybe we will get back to reading the sequel "War and Romance' (I think is the title) and find out what happened to Pug and his family during World War II.

So this Sunday, find a cozy spot and relax.   Do yourself a favor and do a lot of nothing;  days like that help make you healthy, wealthy and wise.     If you get restless, call someone in to share some of those goodies you have to use up.    I am going to have to buy a piece of ham as I keep think of our hostess and her delicious sweet ham that would taste good this morning.    John and Jo had Prime Rib and that would be a taste treat but I am sure they have no left overs and way to far away to travel to. I wonder if Mike brought home some left overs.  I'll have to find out, but he has snow and is cracking ice for the horses to drink so that's out.    Erin was hiking on the beach in Hawaii ..now that sounds like the place to be but that would take ticket money so she will have to have that fresh pineapple all by herself.    Too bad there isn't a fast service to fly left overs to those who enjoy munching on all that good stuff.    So go and have a feast of left overs and sit back and do a lot of nothing...you earned it.    Um...wonder if Jock caught a fish. . . salmon on the grill. . . doesn't that have a nice sound to it; and he is a master chef.   I am always amazed when someone says they don't want to eat ....can't figure that out as I am always first at the table...smile.

Enjoy your Sunday in whatever you choose to do.  Just add a good deed, a hug or two and relax.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment