Sunday, December 6, 2015

Gifts?

I am seeing a lot of wine ads lately;  guess they do make a good gift.   It does make a great gift especially if you are invited to dinner.    Merlot is still a favorite.  

Yes, playing....but no exercise unless thumbs or fingers get it all.    An idea for a Christmas gift...if you can afford it....smile.

A lovely picture of Oregon wine country.    I am sure they have wine country here in Washington State but I haven't seen  a picture of  one lately.   Now that is another idea for a gift . . . a trip to the wine country when the weather is beautiful and you have time to spare.    A lovely I O U in your Christmas card. . . can I come?

A quiet rainy Sunday morning around here.    I had a down day yesterday as the eyes were acting up , ocular migraines and a bad left eye.  Not sure what is going on but at this age it could be just that...age....it is blamed for so many off moments and there is little or nothing you can do to change the ageing process.    I  find out more on  a daily basis how important our eyes really are.   We neglect them for the  most part and take them for granted....dumb....we should be taking really good care of them so we can see to the end of our time.    No reading, no puzzle, although the Hallmark Christmas stories are on  and can't be missed as there is not too much strain and the ears are working.   I did go down to visit Aggie for a short while as she invited me to come down for a visit at lunch time.    She has a cat.   A big fat beautiful cat with huge eyes and a loving disposition.    She loves to be petted and if you stop, she reaches out and lets you know that she is not ready to be ignored.   A big fluffy ball of fur and a cutie.   We had a nice visit and will do it again.  

I missed out on the activities around town.  The tree lighting for one.   It was a blustery day, heavy rain at times but folks braved the weather and went out to watch the tree glow in colorful lights.    The ladies opened the Gallery doors in case folks wanted to wander in and view the new artists show, and the left overs from the big sale.    Some clever stocking stuffers still reside on the table there along with some beautiful hand made items as well as some beautiful art work of all sizes.  It always amazes me how clever some folks are, such talent, and so creative. 
 
So on with our Christmas shopping    Christmas cards to write.    Decorating to do.    Don't forget wrapping paper and ribbon.   Looks like we may get in one more trip over to Silverdale and take a walk around the big stores over there.   Who knows, we might even find something we didn't know we were looking for.    We have packages to send off , the sooner the better and before too many days some baking to be done.    I bought three big granny smith green apples to make hot apple turnovers right from the oven....yum....been wanting one.   Pat or Chris will let me use their oven.    I don't think they have the fire alarm problem  that exists here at Ridgemont.    Um....I could try the toaster oven, wonder if it would work????  Nah, not big enough.  Oh well, they will taste so good no matter what stove I use to bake them and beside that, the have the spices I need.   If you were here I'd make one for you.   Go...have a great Sunday...relax and build up your  Christmas energies.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and give some one a big bear hug just because you can.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment