Monday, December 7, 2015

Wants

What a beautiful fireplace for the yard . . . a huge yard I might add. . . really well done and daughter Patricia thinks she would like one just like it in her back yard.  It might be a good idea when the power goes out around here.  It seems to be bent that way. . a little wind and no power.   Winter is here.

A beautiful symbol ...Marines . . . The Sullivan men were marines , John, the oldest, was a Merchant Marine and his three brothers, James, Cornelius and Francis were in the Marine Corps . . . All World War II veterans.   All proud men who served well.    We remember them well with love and pride.

Say a prayer or two for the remaining World War II veterans, they are few as our generation passes on and the war to end all wars is a distant memory.   There are new evils to fight, new monsters who want to run the world as they see it and will not stop until they do.   A never ending battle and our fighting men and women will never sit idly bye when the call is made for their services once more.   

I wish  I was much more knowledgeable and a computer wizard as I am getting ads and voices on the computer, so annoying.   A repeat of words that goes over and over....I'd unplug the computer but then I couldn't blog.    Next time around I am going to be a computer wiz and not put up with this nonsense.     If one of our upcoming  presidential candidates would come out and stand up for no more advertisements, I'd vote for him or her.   No commercials....No ads.......No telling us how and when and where to spend our money.   I already know where I want to spend my money, all I have to do is get a ride to the store and shop...Christmas is coming...smile.
 
Okay, time to go put the coffee on;  it is four a.m. and quiet around here.    I will find something to go with my coffee and sit back and relax while I watch the news on television.   It is almost nap time around here...smile.
 
You have a week starting and I am sure a busy one.   The preliminary work for the upcoming Gallery Tea is coming up so that means cake baking and tiny sandwiches to be done.   I am not sure if cookies are in the offering but it seems I heard  something about frosting cookies.   I'm ready, willing and able.....and experienced....that should count.   I really am a good taster.
 
So find out what it is you have to get done this week and start with a special chore to finish up each day of the week.    Don't forget to check the shelves for baking supplies, fancy paper plates and saran  wrap, a bit of ribbon too.  If you stop by a thrift store you can stock up on some lovely cans for those cookies.    Don't forget some coconut for macaroons...yum...one of my favorites.    Come to think of it all cookies are my favorites.    Have fun , be good, be generous, be loving, be YOU.   Hugs to all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment