Saturday, December 5, 2015

Saturday Morning

Musing:

No pictures this morning, used up all I had on file and have to get busy and go out for a walk about to show you this area but not until the weather improves and the rain drops clear.    As usual, talked with daughter Patricia on Skype and she woke up to an over flowing of bones she was cooking for a base for soups and stews.  the crock pot let loose so she had a mess to clean up before her day even started.   Who ever heard of a crock pot running over???   Guess you have to be careful and not fill them to the brim, or maybe the all night cooking idea is not a good one.    I just don't trust anything to cook by itself;   a watched pot never boils so the old Irish used to say;   well an unwatched pot does boil over so says Ms. Patricia as she scrubs and cleans up a mess and a half.     So much for our fancy soups and stews;  back to the basics...open a can and forget it.

Meanwhile we had the special Prime Rib at Moon Doggies last evening.   It has been a year or more since I have had a piece of beef to drool over.   It wasn't all bad, in fact pretty tasty once you got around that big blog of fat....do I complain?   NEVER!!   It seems that the chefs have a different idea of what a good cut of beef is than I do.   I think a little fat goes a long way;   a lot of fat leaves the taste buds wishing for more.    Beggars cannot be choosers or so the saying goes....I beg, they choose and I got just enough meat to say I tasted some delicious Prime Rib.     Back to hamburgers, at least you leave the table feeling full.    Am I griping and groaning...never....just stating the facts mam....

Hey, I had a whole hour to walk the aisles of Walmart yesterday and pushed the basket around finding a few things to suit my fancy.   I have a lovely red poinsettia which brightens up my kitchen counter space;   new curtains for my living room area that reflect my colors;   red or wine shade of my favorite chair, a stripe with a bit of green shades and some red and gold;  very pretty.   I moved the all white ones to the bedroom area and they look much prettier now that there is a fullness to them.   Amazing what an extra panel can do.   I bought myself a new smaller cast iron frying pan as the one Pat brought over was big enough to make food for an army.   

I also made a stop at the St. Vincent store and found three cute Christmas angels to sing carols at my front door.  Everyone here at Ridgemont is decorating inside and out.   My Christmas box came along with me , the one I though I had lost or given away, so I have my Christmas angel and she's beautiful, chalk full of Christmas memories from some thirty years or more.   I have a new candy dish with reindeer and some home made candy, which by the way, is about all gone...um....must be some candy lover around here, can't imagine who.

So, get about making Christmas merry and bright.    Have fun while you do it.   Think good deeds, kindness and love and you will have days to chalk up in your memory bank.    Be good,  be kind,  be gentle. . . be generous when you see the little red bucket as the Salvation Army folks will be doing good deeds throughout the season.    Take a friend to lunch and get your shopping done.    There are several new and exciting 'reads' out there.   Buy a couple of bags of those little Satsuma tangerines and donate them to the food bank so they can share them with a few families.    It is so easy to be good, kind and benevolent...just do it.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment