Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

"Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"  "um. . . and you think I should be singing!!!  

for some parents it is never ending...smile....well, you wanted the sound of happy feet. . . and you got it. . . so count your blessings and know that the best is yet to come.

Ah, Family and Friends alike;   you fit the bill . . . how lucky I am.

Our friend Diane is a button collector.    I wonder if she had a hand in this picture.    what a novel idea and very beautiful.

Christmas Eve . . . it is here. . . I don't know about you but I miss the Christmas music this year.    I watched the Christmas movie with Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra  and enjoyed watching the scenes of Bellevue Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island.   I walked down that avenue a hundred times.    The scenes taken with one of the mansions were great and if I were to go back for a visit, I would go through them one more time.    An annual Christmas movie and quite a few different stars played the leads.  Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant were in one.    I've seen two versions of Scrooge, both well done and one Walt Disney one that was odd , different and very enjoyable.    So Christmas is really here and today is your last chance to catch up with yourself.    I've been invited out to dinner at the Lighthouse with Christine and her friends.   I hope they have some Christmas music . . . it really is missing this year.  
 
I think I told you that we finished reading 'Winds of War" and have started the sequel "War and Remembrance" which started off recapturing some of the moments of the Pearl Harbor attack.    Vinnie bought himself a Christmas present. . . a big table book...an Atlas that is really truly beautiful and huge.    The pictures, maps and views even into space are quite spectacular.   Sue stopped in at supper time so I shared my soup with her.    Doris gave me two big beautiful cook books she had been given and doesn't cook anymore, so I have them for my girls.  Big table book size cookbooks with lots of interesting things to make.   Will they curse me or bless me?   Time will tell.
 
So I am off to pack an overnight bag and spend tonight at Christine's home so I'll be there for Christmas breakfast and the opening of gifts.  I have hope that Christine will set up her computer so I can greet you Christmas morning.   But...if it fails , know I love each and everyone of you;  I wish you a blessed happy and  Merry Christmas to you and all your family.   Make your Christmas big, bright and beautiful, just like YOU.     Hugs to all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment