Thursday, December 10, 2015

THOUGHTS

Wouldn't you like to get in your car today and ride along this highway.   The beautiful Columbia River. 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. . . My first born, the one who taught me what love meant, my helper, my right arm, my survivor of being first born, who has brought so much love and laugher into my life.   May your day be as bright and beautiful as you are.

We are going to celebrate this week but not until after the Saturday Tea the Gallery puts on, and, Ms. Christine is in her kitchen baking cakes, cookies, and fancy pastries for the occasion.  I know because she sent over a gingerbread yesterday for tasting then decided to try a different recipe and I have no idea what she has over in her kitchen but have my marching orders to be a frosting expert today....so the plan is for a special dinner out at her favorite restaurant on  Sunday evening when she can sit down, relax and enjoy a birthday dinner....no mess to clean up, no dishes to do, and hopefully a special menu to please her appetite.   

Here at Ridgemont the folks are gearing up for a ride over to Debbie's Home for a brunch.  Debbie is the daughter of Laverne , one of our lovely ladies and she puts on a special luncheon twice a year at her home and treats her mom and friends to a lovely lunch out.    Karen, our manager, gets the big bus and off they go to a lovely home by the waterfront, a specially built home that is beautiful and one we would all love to have.   She enlists the aid of her daughters and her husband pitches in as well.   The food is always delicious and the treat is really appreciated by all.    A loving tribute to her mom. . . a special young lady with a big heart.   Sad to say I wont be going this time as it is the day of the Gallery Tea and I have already bought my ticket and love to attend them.   I get to meet some really lovely ladies and the treats are always delicious.   

Vinnie and I had a good long read yesterday.   We are almost to the end of "Winds of War" and it has been quite an enlightening trip back in history.    Some things I vaguely remember but I was a teen ager and not paying close attention to what was going on in the outside world. I was too busy trying to make my way through the teen years.    Vinnie is on the look out for the sequel and he asked if I would think about reading that one to him as he really enjoys listening.   I think his eyes are better and he can read but he also likes company and so far hasn't fallen asleep while I 'drone' on.    So we will be reading for awhile yet.   It is fun to be a 'reader' so you might think about visiting a veteran's hospital and volunteer to read or write letters for them or just keep them company.   A little attention is the difference between boredom and a bit of good cheer.   Think about it.

I'm off to get dressed and get to my 'frosting' job.    I may be a little artistic today;  one never knows.   Put a brush in my hands and watch out.     Meanwhile, find yourself a helping job or two and keep yourself busy doing good deeds today.     Be wise, be kind, be a lover. . hugs are always welcomed.   If it is raining enjoy the inside but if the sun is out ...go fishing....relax and enjoy outside time.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment