Saturday, December 19, 2015

Weekend

Orchids.. . . Special beauty . . . a Blue Ribbon Winner.

Sea Foam on a beach in Yachats, Oregon.

Time flies when you are having fun,  well, I have news for you, time flies when you are not having fun.    A weekend already;  where did this week go?    Here at Ridgemont we are seeing more empty seats at the dining hall.   Some of the folks have already left town for a Christmas visit with their family and friends.   It makes me think of how lucky we are to have family and friends to celebrate with.   Some folks never learned the knack of reaching out and becoming a part of a family, adopted or otherwise.   They seem to prefer their own company but it has to be difficult when the holidays come and they find themselves all alone.   Maybe they just prefer it that way, but it seems like a very lonely existence. Well, we cannot force them to join in the festivities but we can try.   Sometimes reaching out  brings about small miracles.    Keep an eye open and be ready with your good deed in mind.   I watched The  Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart which was well done.   I've seen it a dozen times but that just brings on the spirit of Christmas.     the old curmudgeon finally wakes up and chooses to live life. . . a good lesson for each of us.   Open the doors to your heart and share you with those you love and like. 
 
I am enjoying the telephone calls although I am lonely for those I have shared time with over the years.    La Verne tells me she has drowned my fruit cake in brandy and is mailing it out to me.   I hope it gets by those post office folks when they get a whiff of it.    It really is safe though, amazing how many folks turn their nose up at fruit cake;  they just do not know what they are missing.    One thing I am going to do is take my green apples over to Christine's and make an apple turnover , then eat it hot and savor every bite.   I would share if you were here.
 
Keep up the good work and the good deeds.   Help make your part of your world a better place.    Keep an eye open for those less fortunate and share a bit of cheer.    Don't forget to stop by your church and light a candle for those who have gone before us.  They are out of sight but never out of  mind.    As you think of them by name, remember their faces, their love that made you feel special.    That one thought or prayer may be the one that gets them into the doorway to Heaven.    That galaxy is swooping around making room for more. . . all aboard......and you have to be sure to live life, be a Mother Teresa and reach out.    Someone is waiting for eyes that smile, lips that brush away a tear and finding contentment in  just knowing YOU.    Right now I am counting my blessings for having YOU in my life.  How very lucky I am.   How blessed.   Hugs to all.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment