Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Bang

Shake, Rattle and Roll. . .Mt. Etna showing off with a boom and a blast.    Awesome beauty. Nature on a rampage.  The devil's fist or a fiery dragon on the loose.

Just a cutie looking for a good time.

An amazing picture.   The aftermath of sorrow.   War is hell.

The wind blows and the power goes out, luckily not for very long.   We had a deluge and a big blowing for awhile but it didn't last long , the weather calmed down and we went about our business.    I had a lesson on time as I have to put eye drops in my eyes every hour on the hour for the next three days.  I found out I have  no sense of time as I had time fly bye in hours when I thought it was minutes.   The eye doctor will wonder if I ever learned to tell time.    My list is slowly lacking.  I'll try to do better today , although I cannot promise as watching a clock is not my forte.

The carolers came and were wonderful.  Such a happy sound.   I had cookies and candy ready and got a hug. . . one man said that I must have had children, laughed and said it was my white hair that gave me away.    Neighbor Betty stopped in and said hardly anyone left their doors open.    You would think they would all be open to hear the lovely Christmas voices raised to make us a special part of the Christmas season.     A bit of Scrooge abides and that is sad.  
 
The Christmas spirit is on the rise and I am going to be out the door for a ride to one of the malls close by...well a half hour away...that's close....so I am told.    I have to find a birthday present for daughter Christine and pick out a couple of Christmas gifts with no idea in mind as to what to buy, but. maybe I'll get an idea when I look around.    I think every catalog in creation has found its way to my mail box.  I have poured over them and think I'd like to send this...or that....and change my mind once I add up my choice and the mailing costs...are they kidding?   I would need to strike gold if I was to place an order.  So, today I have my work cut out for me.   Wish me luck.
 
I wish you luck.  I hope if you are shopping today you find some specials and  get your Christmas list finished.  Treat yourself to a break time and have a cup of your special brew with a treat for energy to continue your quests.    Don't forget the wrapping paper and ribbon, you probably wont remember where you stored it away last year.    Get in the mood and start humming a Christmas carol or two....hug your neighbor . . . don't forget a good deed as it is a blessing in disguise.    I know, I know, I keep repeating myself. . . well, someone has to remind  you.    Be good, be kind, be generous to a fault. . ..who ever made up that little tidbit. . . go....spend a few shekels ;  you just cannot take them with you.   Three little words. . .Live. . .Love . . Laugh and do it....but I like ...I love you. . ... has such a nice ring to it.   Be a lover and love someone today.  Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment