Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Share

Sheila's latest picture.   This lovely lady is very thoughtful and such fun.   She lives in Port Orchard and right now is probably planning her Thanksgiving Day menu as she does every year and invites friends in to share.  I was visiting up there last year and got to sit  at her table and I have to tell you it  was a banquet.   I met some lovely people and had such a good time.   My daughter Christine 's long time friend.   Sheila sent me the newspaper clipping of Christine's 'Woman of the Year' write up and it  was a lovely surprise to read that my daughter gave me credit for being a good example.  One of her memories was of the 'adopted families' we shared many a holiday meal with, and the times we volunteered to work at the school and the church.   A lifetime of memories comes to mind.   Know that volunteering begets a bouquet of love.   
The change of seasons.   What a novel picture.   Makes one appreciate  the change of seasons in our life.   Fall with it's glorious colors and the beauty of the very first snow fall.   
A truism.    Silence has a calming effect on our body and souls.    It isn't often that we hear it, but when we do we really appreciate the solitude.

A lovely picture of a seagull.     They fly into the Port by the hundreds and invite you to share their ocean.   They  love attention and love to be fed.   They have an ocean full of food, but they want your company and your treat.   It is such fun to watch them glide around the skies when the wind is blowing.  They seem to float.   They really are graceful birds and glide into a landing while the Pelican , another majestic bird, plops down like a dropped rock.   There is a huge field where they congregate and rest up before taking flight again.   

I have one eye open now that it is almost six a.m.   Reading at three a.m. is a good past time but it doesn't make for good dreams when you are reading about murder and mayhem.    I am reading a book titled "Basilica" by William D. Montalbando.  I picked it up a the Star of the Sea Catholic Church rummage sale room.    I don't think the priest would be happy with its contents.  How much is history, mystery and truth or imagination of the author is a mystery in itself.      

I'm off to have my coffee and wake up.    How lucky or unlucky you are to share my words so early in the day . . . wonder what I would write if I were really awake. . . smile!   I have chores to do, hopefully I will get some done today.   I have a tendency these days to play Scarlet and wait until tomorrow . . . doesn't catch the dust kitties that way.   I need to go shopping for some of the little tinfoil pans so I can make up some cranberry breads for the upcoming holiday.   I might even make some date and nut bread, one of my favorites.    But . . . the proverbial but . . . I may finish the novel and start in on one of those Clyde Cussler novels I found.   I may do it all.   How about you?  Are  you up to mischief today or are  you going to buckle down and get a few chores done?    Whatever you decide, be gracious, be a cheer leader and cheer your family and friends on today.   Give them a boost of spirit along with a hug or two.    And, it is good to be on the receiving end.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment