Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fall Colors

I lost the picture of the house without the color.  It was just all green.  Fall came along and this is what happened to all of the vegetation that covers this home.    Strange and beautiful, wonder if they have nesting birds.


the attachment had contrast pictures and each one more beautiful as the season changed and Fall arrived.   I would like to see the pictures with all four seasons represented.    Isn't Mother Nature perfection in itself . . . every color has a meaning.

A combination of colors.  A lovely sunset.

Hump day, I hope you take time to look up and see the gorgeous colors in our skies.   We have been treated to wind clouds lately and the sky is filled with magnificent swirls and circles and floating angels with wings spread for all the world to see.   I like the picture clouds too.   How lucky we are when we take the time to stop, look and listen .   A sunrise is as beautiful as a sunset;  and a rainy day has a beauty all its own.   Rain drops leave patterns on your windows and turn the leaves of the trees into dancing fairies.    Beauty all around us, we just have to take the time to stop, look and listen.

I hope you noticed I added a recipe for Cranberry bread  on the blog late  yesterday.   I made four loaves and when La Verne came in for her visit, she was just in time to have warm cranberry bread and creme cheese.  She took the rest of the loaf home so she could have some for her breakfast this morning.    If  you look closely you will note that there is no oils or fats in the recipe.    Try it, I think you will like the taste and texture.

Pat and I had a pizza party and watched "Reckless" on the Netflick as our treat yesterday.    Jock returned from his hunting trip and said he really enjoyed his hunting even though it was way below zero temperatures, lots of heavy snow.   He is going to come in and cook up some of that deer meat he brought back.   I've never tasted it so am not sure I like game-taste;  I'll have to try it and see how I like it.  As long as I don't picture a baby deer in the headlights I'll be fine....smile.    Pat deserves a medal for taking care of three dogs.   Poor Emma feels like an orphan once the other two go out the door.    You should hear Gunner and Joey when they realize their master is home.   Barking, tails wagging and no hesitation when he opens the door and they start for home.  We are glad Jock is back safe and sound.    

Daughter Christine tells me she is ready to send my new (very old) novel to be published .  I had hopes my Christmas shopping would  be done...it may yet .  I'll let you know as it will come out on Amazon, for those interested in reading what may be my last novel.   The novel is titled "Valley Haven" and it was my  very first attempt  at writing a 'book';   It sat in the computer for  years and was edited and edited and edited until I thought it was  ready for print.   I worked so hard on it, I kept it in the background and now it is finished, complete, ended...finally....just hope , if you read it,  you will fall in love with some nice folks who live in a Nevada valley.

I called a friend and made a lunch date for today.   Pick up your phone and call someone you like to share some time with and get together and catch up with each other.    Don't forget the one good deed for today;  two if you feel generous  and three isn't a bad number either.    Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . stretch those arms and encircle someone you love and like.  If you are smiling your world is bright and cheerful; if not, you are sulking then it had better be all alone.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment