Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Rare beauties




The Bird of Paradise;  My favorite flower.    Exotic, different, full of mystery.


Birds in far away  places have a beauty all of their own.   I love to receive attachments , which I can share, so you can enjoy the wonders of the strange and the exotic.    The pictures are of the Amazon Forest and there are more to share tomorrow.  Thanks to the wonderful photographers who wander the world and take time to share their  amazing talent , catching the sights and sounds of the far away places in our earth.   

A day closer to Thanksgiving and a reminder to count our blessings.   I am off to shop today.  Erin is home and our world brightens.   I have apples to buy as I promised her an hot apple turnover from the oven.    A late birthday present and a tasty one.   One of my favorite deserts.  Um. . .come to think of it, I have several favorite deserts, and I bet you do too.  Get busy and make your favorites as the family and friends will be ready to devour every crumb.

I wish my family were going to be here but the weather is going to be nasty and travel is going to be horrendous be it by car or plane.    John and Jo are cooking in.   Christine may join a friend and have dinner out.   Mike is chipping ice and feeding the horses up their on the horse ranch in Nevada.   So it is going to be a quiet  holiday for all of  us.   I would much rather have them safe than have them on the road fighting to get here for a day or two.   We have decided May will be our celebration month and everyone will come and we will make up for lost time.  

The coffee is ready, and so am I.   I am off to enjoy it.    Wake up and smell the coffee at your house.    Put a smile on  your face and get ready for a new day.   Make those seconds count.   Don't forget your good deed for the day.   Don't pass up a chance to feed the little kettles around town.   Be wise, be smart and be careful.    Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment