Tuesday, November 18, 2014

RECIPE - - -A POST SCRIP JUST FOR YOU

It is still Tuesday and I have been busy chasing webs from the corners and dusting around which is a hopeless task but a necessary one.   I decided I would bake some cranberry breads and they are in the oven right now.  So, in case  you are interested in a very, very old recipe....about sixty years....Minnie shared it and it turned out to be a favorite and a lovely little hostess gift.  It was always fun to send the folks home with a treat .

Cranberry Bread  ----Oven 325 degrees for  40 minutes.     I double the recipe and use loaf pans.

three cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of cranberries cut in halves
1 teaspoon of lemon juice  or you can add the juice of two oranges.
1 egg
1 and 1/4 cup of milk.

Mix together and fill your tins and bake.  

You can add nuts if you like.  I like it plain. I like it warm.  I like it toasted.   I just like it.  Hope you will too.
Happy Thanksgiving  and Merry Christmas .

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment