Sunday, November 23, 2014

Good To Know!!

I'll have to put marhmallows on my shopping list.  At this time of year we never know when a sore throat  looms.

For those of you with cars, think of the extra mile you can get out of a little more gas.

I haven't tried this one.  Good to know when those expensive flowers arrive from your special admirer.


Wish I had known about this a long time back.  It would have saved a lot of pain digging around for the illusive splinter. 

Now this I am going to try .

Good to know.   Will I remember when I have an upset stomach?   Guess I'll make a copy and pin it on the refrigerator door.

We can always use a hint or two and Life Hacks attachment had a few I had not  seen before so thought I'd share them this morning.   I love to learn something new every day.    Think of the money I could have saved buying all those ant spray deals when I could have put some salt in water and sprayed....live and learn.    

Sunday morning, cold this morning as the heat is kicking on.   Granddaughter Erin's birthday and she will be here tomorrow so we can help her celebrate.  We are hoping for a break in the weather so she has clear dry roads to travel on.   I better shop for some green apples today and get that apple pie ready.  One of her favorite deserts.   

I keep setting my moving time back , mostly because I am not ready.  There is so much to do when down sizing and it is a slower process than I thought.   I figured I'd look around , decide what I want to keep and what I want to discard but that is much easier said than done.   I have to organize, plan and then decide as there is a bit of history in the possessions we collect.  We start out with making a house a home and that means that you surround  yourself with 'things' you love.   I am a book and picture person so choosing favorites is far from easy.   I have already put some pictures in yard sales and miss each one I gave u p.  There is a  place on the wall that seems empty.   Yet I have enough pictures to share with each of you if you were close by.    I hung a few different ones in the living room and show off Erin's beautiful colorful photographs which are poster size and very bright and colorful.   They add  so much to the bare wall.   I even have a painting of Hawaiian flowers I did some thirty years ago and it could stand a new frame.   So there was an apartment ready for the first of the year but not for me...I can't see moving up into snow country in the beginning of winter.    Maybe I'll be ready by summer when the weather is better.  You know what happens when you decide to give up books.  You reach for one, check the title, open the book and start to read;  wonder how long it will take me to get through all of my books.   Speaking of books "Valley Haven" is about to be introduced on Amazon.   I am anxious to get a peek at the hard copy but have to wait until the first week of December.   It may be  my last novel;  but then . . . . smile.

Enjoy your Sunday.    Take a ride out and look for rainbows if you have 'weather' in your area that blends the clouds and moisture to make the beauty of nature come alive.    A good deed, a happy face, an invitation out makes for a good day.  Go, see what  you can do to make someone smile today.  Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment