Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thursday Evening

If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck then it has to be a duck,and this probably isn't even a duck but you know what I mean.    I couldn't resist as I liken my fellow 'genarians' (my word for the upper seventy crowd)  as we waddle behind our walkers and make our way to the coffee urn, the salad bar and on to be called up and served our main dinner.    We had a cheeseburger with tater tots, cold slaw and a creme of  broccoli soup topped off by a strawberry parfait.   We stack our dishes, and waddle back to our apartments.  As for me I exchange my cane for my walker and go for a walk.    I found a new spot to walk around, the building next store to us has a lovely garden area complete with cement walk ways and there are bushes of roses and other plants in full bloom busy with bees almost as beautiful as the flowers themselves.    If any one says there are no bees around, send them this way as we have more than we need as well as an over abundance of gorse which has taken over the entire state of Washington.

Well again, I have to tell you if you want pretty then come visit the genarians   and you will find all of  the above.   The ladies are of all sizes and shapes and each one has earned the wrinkles and the bends of age, but they have sparkles in their eyes, roses in the cheeks and voices filled with  memories of another time in which they spread tales that make you laugh out loud.  So if you are finding fault with yourself, remember there will be a day when you will look in the mirror and find out just what look you inherited....sweet, pretty, or just plain sour.   You really are working on it now.


The battle cry.     Wonder if it works? 
Here it is Thursday evening and we had a cool day.    The weather here in the Northwest is playing with us as it is hot one day, cold the next, breezy one day, not a movement at all , but the traffic is never ending and I heard on the television that the Northwest is where all the allergies really are;   I could do with hearing that with all the allergies I have had to contend with in the various places I've lived;.    If it is trees, well there are all kinds of trees around here;    if it is bushes, well I think the Northwest, especially here in Washington State, the ground must be open to gorse as it has really taken over everywhere.  It really is unbelievable

My telephone has a nice ring to it..  I heard it today.    Daughter Christine called to tell me a new refrigerator was being delivered and she was on her way over to oversee the delivery.    It came, it is beautiful and it is three times the size of the tiny one that was here.   When it is time for me to leave this complex she will be able to retrieve it.  I think she said Pat could keep an ice cold "Doseci" or a case or two of soda in it at some future date.    The refrigerator that was here was not working good as I lost a couple of containers of milk and a loaf of crusty bread.   I was amazed to hear the young man who delivered it say he did not take away the huge cardboard box or all the bits and pieces of Styrofoam.    Times certainly have changed.

A second call, yes two in one day, I'm living it up.    Rose, our 99 year old wanted me to come visit.  She has repeat stories to tell and does get depressed but she does snap out of it and takes out her special game of tiles and does her best to beat you.    She is sweet and has earned the right to be depressed as she lost a daughter some months back and the pain has not lessened.    Her daughter must have been a very special person as I read one of the stories friends wrote about her and she sounded like a person we would all like to share time with.

So here I am back upstairs.   I ate my cheeseburger and everything not glued to the plate, had my dessert and am ready for my programs.   Thanks to each of you who have taken time to call and write and e mail to perk up my morale.   I love you all and hope you remember you get out of life what you put into it, no more, no less.   So be sure you get around to at least one good deed today.   There is a huge chance someone you know needs a hug.   You know you excel in hugs so get busy.    It's okay to send one this way.   I thrive on hugs.    AND, YOU DO TOO.    I'll be back.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment