Saturday, June 27, 2015

Heat Wave

The Thessellona Islands in Greece, seems to me it would be a cool place to visit in this heat wave.   Oh for a money pot and a ticket on a jet . . . Greece would be a great place to visit.    The heat wave caught up with us.   Son Michael arrived with white hair;   I sure know how to pass along the 'right' genes.    Well, Cornelius was gray at twenty so I can't  take all the credit.    My son looked so good and I waited a whole year for that hug.   Sitting out on Pat's porch with three of my children was quite a treat, then we took off for the Lighthouse and  they laughed when I ordered the child's plate of fish and chips;  believe me it is more than enough and always tasty.  The waiter was a very nice young man and didn't argue that I was not a child.  I think he knew I was heading for my second childhood.

Looks like the artist at work.   What a great picture for a child's bedroom wall.      A bit of abstract to make their world go round.  

I didn't get to blog for Mother's Day so hope each of you had a wonderful day and were treated by your children, or at least a call or a card telling you how wonderful you really are.   Mothering is not an easy task and it doesn't come with instructions but how hard each one works at making your life the best it can be each second of every day. Of course, there are some who should never have been mothers , but that is a tale for another time.


Seems I've put this saying on more than once.  Maybe it needs to be said more than once.   Just hang in there and practice every day until you get perfect at letting go....and letting God....and starting each day with a prayer to be the best you can bed. . .one day as it gets here. 
Here it is Saturday morning and my routine has changed.   I still get up before the birds but have to move much more quietly as I have a very nice lady living in the studio apartment right under me.    She did comment that I get up early, well I do, and there isn't much I can do about that.   I have never been one to sleep in;  why?  I don't know, it is just the way it is.    I do try and walk lightly but you know how that works, the lighter I try to walk the heavier the foot steps;  why?   I don't know . . . it is just the way it is. 

My television can be heard.....well I can turn it down a little but my hearing has gone by the wayside so thanks to closed caption I do fine..  As to turning it down more. . . I can do that but I am not sure I can give in to every little hint.    It is so much nicer to live in a house all alone.  If I had my druthers that is what I would be doing.  Putting up with fussy neighbors is another dilemma  all by itself.    We wonder about all the world in conflict;  maybe it starts with neighbors. 

We were told to close our doors and windows and keep as cool as we can and drink lots of water.  They are worried with so many senior members here that are frail and fragile.    I went outside where there is a chair by the front door and a breeze so stayed cool as I read my book.    I put my fan on when I returned to my place as it stayed cool but no fresh air .   This is a very old building so no air conditioning.    There is a lot that could be done but the expense would be great and then the rent would go up and then we'd all have to move, probably to a tent in the park.    I miss Brookings and the fog.

So, if you are in a heat wave, don't panic, stay cool, calm and collected.   Put some ice in a towel and put it in the freezer, take it out when it becomes unbearable and cool down.    Find a shady spot, grab a book and hunker down.    Sherbet is great for cooling down....I remember little white paper cups filled with delicious sherbet in rainbow colors that made the tongue sing on a very hot summer day.   Try it and share some with those you love.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and walk into a hug or two today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment