Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Sunday Evening


I will bloom where I want to comes to mind.    Isn't nature wonderful?   I take a walk up to the corner and back, probably three city blocks and see all kinds of bushes with beautiful flowers.   The grass ares are filled with tiny yellow buttercups and a tiny daisy type flower.   What I picked up on my walk was some pine cones and have put them in my 'sea' dish that Bob and Andrea gave me some time back.   I put the little salt and pepper animals on the plate too and made a little setting for the table.   Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. 


Since I last wrote Jock was off hunting pheasant and he got a beauty.  I had the picture but where I put it is a mystery.    It was huge and beautiful.

Reminds me of a bride. Petals in the wind.

Well here it is Sunday evening and I am feeling a bit bored;  it is quiet.   Well, earlier today I was sitting in my chair wrapped up in a very good book when an ungodly sound went off...thought my TV had blown up;  was sure I left the stove on and it blew up;  was wondering if the potty blew;  it was relentless , loud, and of course the fire alarm I had not heard as yet.  the fire truck came but I doubt there was much for them to do as the alarms are easily set.  Some on must have burned toast today.   I hear it happens often.    I put my fan on and the light and am careful to try and not set the alarm off.    Hopefully I will win in the long run but it does give me something to think about.    So far I have't burned anything or blown anything up, but....that doesn't mean I wont.  The instructions are to stay in your room with the  door closed. . . um. . . I'm not sure that is wise. I did go out on the patio and it is too high to jump off of, but not to high for a fireman or two...or three...to rescue me.

It has been a busy week.    Christine and Pam joined me and Pat for some Mexico fresh tuna which Pat cooked up on the grill.  the salad was wonderful.  Pat makes the best salad.    We had a glass of merlot.   We had tarts for desert.   So there is nothing we can complain about.    Trying to explain what I mean by institutional food is not easy.  You can't explain why it is different but it just is.   The food served  this genarian crew is not all bad, just not made with the same loving hands as good old mom.   If the markets run out of turkey and chicken we are going to wonder what is camouflaged under all that gravy.  Those of you who served in the service will know exactly what I mean.    AND it doesn't solve a weight problem.  smile.

Doris, the expert cookie maker on our floor came with two kinds of cookies which were delicious.  I shared them with my daughters .   Christine came by this morning and we rode over to  Costco in a  town called Silverdale.   I am hoping to go back one day soon to do some shopping.   After walking the big aisles of Costco I didn't have the energy to shop  at the other stores in the area.    Crowds of  people waiting to get in the door and baskets filled to the brim in minutes.    Christine bought all of her animal needs for those two cats she supposedly had for a short temporary time.    They are 'hers' and they love to eat.   I bought some special pecans for Doris with the premise I will get some of those cinnamon buns she makes..  I found my coffee and some of those delightful figs and a case of Amy's lentil soups which I will share.    After that huge eleven a.m. eating the appetite is not there at the real dinner time and a cup of hot soup should do the trick.    A hot fudge sundae would taste better though.

So, back to my book now that I have said hello.   I hope each of you are feeling great and doing good things for yourselves.    Remember you have folks to love, children to teach, and a good deed or two to take care of this week.     Count your blessings each day and know you are very, very, lucky . . . look around someone is waiting patiently for a little of your attention and a walk in hug.     Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment