Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Tuesday Blog .

How beautiful , different, exotic and lovely to look at, delightful to own,   la, la, la. . . 

another exotic flower;   somewhat like a black bat with a desire to be more than it is.    Different, delightful and a melody all of its own.

There was a funny attachment about old timers. . . yeah, some just never get old.    I  haven't heard of a dance being held here at the senior apartments;  um . . . wonder if I should suggest they  have one soon.

I  thought I had to have an identification card seeing I no longer have a driver's licenses so daughter Patricia and I drove over to  Bremerton  to the DMV only to find that there are at least six offices you can go to.   We finally found our way and went into one to be told that we did not have to ride all the way over there, we could have been helped right here in Port Orchard. We passed the navy yard and there was a huge old ship , one of the big, big, carriers, probably rusting away.   It may have done its duty way back the forties.   The base is humongous.    Live and Learn.....but not a wasted trip as we found the mall and there was a Macy store and there was a sale on.   I imagine they do not sell much unless they have a sale as the prices are outrageous.  If I had to have an I D it would have cost $57.00 , that was a shocker, but the clerk was great and said my Oregon ID had four years to go so come back then and get a new ID.  I told her I would, if I was still around.  She thought I was about seventy;  now that is the kind of clerk to have on duty.

After all the walking and riding and getting lost and finding our way we found a sandwich shop right here in Port Orchard on the main street.   It is a funky kind of place where they have their own coffees and the names are exotic to say the least.  The coffee is delicious.   We shared a BLT on a flat bread that was a bit tough to chew but tasty.  I finally took mine apart or I'd still be there chewing away.    

Pat and I have been watching the second session of "House of Cards" and today we got to the end of the second session.  It has been very good and now we wait for the new season.    Kevin Spacy does a terrific job  as the President you love to hate.   I can only imagine who the role model is.    If you haven't seen it, give it a try , you might enjoy it.

Doris, the baker, made some delicious cinnamon buns.  The hallway smelled like a local bakery and we were all drooling in hopes of being invited into  her place for a taste, but, she walked down the hall with six for me and six for Rose, our almost centurion who was visiting me.   Soon two more came and I was making tea.   I haven't found my tea pot yet so will have to go over to Pat's garage and see if I did pack it.   I am sure I did.   So it pays to leave your door open and wait awhile;  one never knows who might pop in.

So, if you get lonely, feel alone, feel out of favor with your compatriots , get busy and put on your tea kettle and open the door wide . . . bake a cake,  or make some cookies and  share a little  ''sugar  time" with your neighbors.    Be sweet!!  Be kind and gentle and add a hug or two.    You get what you give....and  YOU can send me a hug anytime.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment