Thursday, February 5, 2015

Getting Around

Granddaughter Erin has a new scooter to get around the island.    She also has a new job as a sales manager in a health food store.   wish her luck.    


 Sheila Mary is on the ferry heading for the ranch and vacation time. 


she arrived without any problems, found her friend right away and is off to a great start. 

even the lama was glad to see her return.  It looks like a wonderful place for a vacation.   


A clever idea and a space saver as well. 


Now we are talking!

Hump day and the weather here in Brookings is stormy, going to have ten inches of rain so we are told;  hope it is one of those iffy weather reports and it  only sprinkles, but the reports keep coming up that as the day progresses so will the storm.   I'll be  talking about it tomorrow if we don't float away.    As the downsizing continues, I sold my  bed, box spring and mattress and  and it went out the door yesterday.   My solid oak antique frame is missed this morning and I am having to find out which extra bed I want to sleep in.  So far the odds are against me and I find one to hard, the other to soft and I am not buying a new one until I get relocated.    I can tell you that leg cramps are a great indication of what the body does and does not like.  Amazing how a little change can bring about  a few surprises.    I'm just to old for this stuff!!!   But, giving up my  old box spring and mattress which was purchased back around 1982, I cannot rightfully complain as I think I got my moneys worth and certainly  years of good sleep.  It would have, and still will,  give the new owner a good nights sleep.   I am beginning to think change is not always for the better.  We find throughout life that we think we have to give up or change and find that  along with the change comes upheaval and it upsets our 'apple cart', then we begin to realize that all it takes is a change of attitude and new beginnings become an adventure of a life time and life takes on a whole new meaning.   New faces, new places and  even a new bed, so it cannot be all bad.  So, I am down to a couple of odd dishes, paper plates for emergencies if any one decides to join me for a cup of tea and  a bite to eat.   I haven't decided on pots and pans  yet, trying to find a way  to lighten the load and not cook but that isn't going to happen . . . if I remember correctly  a black cast iron skillet and a couple of pots will do just fine, I've been down the road before.   I have absolutely no objection to eating out .  So life is an adventure, our seconds fly bye and all we have to do is organize our 'stuff'', and our attitude.    Take time to do a good deed, as someone is in need today.   Take time to speak up and tell someone you love how important they are in your life.    Change the frown to a smile;   and take a look around and  get rid of 'clutter' in your life, not only things but people who use and abuse.  Life is much too short to waste.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment