Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fast Changes

Up in Nevada they had two very big wind storms this spring.   A fence blew down. . . work to do.

I am not sure about this huge tree. . . work to be done, chain saw work, not easy and noisy as well.   I am happy to see  there is very little damage to the house.   Yes, Nevada does get a lot of heavy duty wind., but  two hurricane style winds are unusual.   

Daughter Christine came up with a new picture, yes . . . another one who thinks being organized is the way to go.

So today be organized.  You will be amazed at how much you will get done.   You might even create time to go out the door and have lunch with a friend.  The new Yard Man came over yesterday and worked in the yard for two hours.   He is a good worker, a bit on the slow side but I noticed he takes time to  do the job right.   He cleans up as he goes  and he hauls the debris away which is included in the price.   Hopefully all goes well and he stays on .    I had a surprise visitor yesterday, Sharon was in town so stopped in to say hello.   She is my  very talented friend who paints and creates beauty and has a band as well so makes beautiful music.   She is going to give a class in which you do that doodle we all do so well when you take your pen or pencil in hand and just follow your pen around the paper making fancy inroads . . . well, she does that but makes the pattern so  you come up with a picture in the end.   The one she showed me turned out to be a flower in a flower pot and two big fat sitting cats.  It  was amazing.  I sat and doodled in my book where I draw faces all the time.   My doodle came out fine, filled the page but there was no  flower pot or cats but a dozen little animals and even a lady howling to the wind.  I'll  have to practice and see if I can come close to a real picture.  It was fun though  and shows your imagination  is at work, and you don't fall asleep through  your favorite television show.   Try it, it is fun.

Today, Wednesday, starts the Lenten season.  What are you going to give up?   I haven't made up my mind.   Maybe nothing this year.  I have given up sweets for many  years but this year I am cutting back but  not out.  I'll have to come up with something .  Getting this old has taken away a lot of things any way, so maybe I'll just rest on my laurels.   Stay healthy, wealthy in the good deed department and enjoy today.  Make your seconds count in  positive ways, be kind, be gentle and share YOU with those you love.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment